Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Azrou. Have had a slight case of the "d" that so many have had serious issues with. Guess I've been lucky! Had usual breakfast of bread, wonderful apricot jam, coffee au lait, and occassionally hard-boiled eggs are available. Always freshly made orange juice with lots of pulp in it. Went for "hike" with Margaret, who has bad knees, Treeya, (Pat) who's not accustomed to this elevation, and Sharon, who didn't have on good shoes, so it was more of a walk through town and a little way of a hillside. Trash/litter everywhere, which is very bothersome to me. Shopped a bit, had lunch in medina restaurant of tajine de poulet for 30Dh. Chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion, olives...good but a bit oily. Bartered for goods: towel to cut up for bathroom rag use, some "pee" sandals. Bathroom/shower shoes, in other words. Still haven't tried the squat toilets but know that eventually will have to learn to use them. Bought Snickers bar which was a nice treat! Studied/worked on script, had dinner, played harts and s...on your neighbor with "kids" in sitting room at the Auberge. Used Bob's computer here at hostel to send email. Nice not having to try to figure out how to use French keyboard. Lights out at 10:30. (self-imposed)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home