Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

FUEL. As I was driving to Bozeman the other day, I was so fueled by desire to see more of this great country of ours. It was a gorgeous day, lots of snow in the mountains (I need to start carrying my camera with me!). And speaking of fuel, my car got 44 mpg. Although small, light cars are not terrif in our winters, they sure save $$.

The trip to Boze was a success; I landed a job as the Executive Director of a Council on which I was previously a member. It is part-time with very flexible days/weeks of work time. Perfect fit for what I wanted; I will office from my home, and I can still do consulting/training on my own as well. Pay is fairly minimal, but enough to likely enable me to get into my own place later this fall. Start date maybe a month from now, and more about it later.

We have summer this weekend! And I get to spend the day with daughter and grandboys.

Yes, good things do come to those who wait! Ah, patience never was my virtue, but I'm working on it. (After 27 months in Morcco, you'd think I'd have it down pat!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home