Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Decided it was time to change from my photo taken nearly three years ago to a current picture. I am delighted to be in correspondence with a woman who today left for Morocco to also work in Small Business. Perhaps she will be assigned to my former site! I do hope they are able to place someone there that will stay and continue on the work begun. I find myself being nostalgic about my life there, and the great people I had a chance to be with. I am taking Spanish now, hoping to at last learn a foreign language somewhat well enough to be conversant with the natives, and the bigger hope that I can go wayyyy south in 1 1/2 years for several weeks to do just that. I still have getting out of Montana during a good part of the winter as one of my "retirement" (what's that?!) goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home