Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Thar's snow in them thar hills! I guess the joke is on me! I asked for a post where it wouldn't be cold a lot. Well, I understand it gets up to 120 or so in the summer (and of course no air conditioning) and it snowed a LOT in the nearby hills/mountains last night and of course no heat in the houses. Thank heavens I have my mummy sleeping bag with me, as I put it to good use last night in order to be warm enough to sleep. It is a bit warmer today as the sun is out...that is, warmer outside. Back to Ait Ourir again today...still working on getting my work card paper work finalized. I did add some photos to previous posts, and for those of you new to reading my blog, it does go all the way back to September, but you need to click on those months on the side, as only ten days or so show on the website.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Connie,
Glad to see you are in strong spirits. Marci really misses you and I know she wishes she could spend this Christmas with you. When you finally get back, I propose we throw one hell of a shindig! Hayden placed third place in his first wrestling tournament over the weekend. If you'd like, I could zip his matches in an .avi file so you can see his match. Do you have a high speed connection, or is Morocco still using a tin cup and fishing wire? Take care and stay safe and warm.
Paul

3:27 PM  
Blogger Connie Genger said...

good to hear from you, paul. i will be back this summer, so we'll have a mini shindig then, ok? if you just send a couple of pix that would be best. i'm working on getting a computer hopefully by feb. and yes, the cybers are pretty updated!

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home