Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, August 06, 2007

PIGGED OUT on my trip home, both figuratively and literally! Had a wonderful trip, wish I could have spent more time, seen my daughter and her family in CA, and more friends, but it was great nonetheless. The first day back was difficult, realizing it would be an even longer absence from those I love. But I guess I knew I was "home" when hanut(little store)owners asked me where I'd been.

And, I beat the heat, at least some of it. It was 120 degrees all week one of the weeks that I was gone. That type of weather could return in August, but it is now only about 105. It continues to be usually 90-95 in my house, cooling to about 85 at night. It's pretty quiet here this month as there are many weddings and vacations, all the teachers have left town, and my neddy is closed. So a big month of studying language, writing grant proposals, and planning trips for visitors who will be coming to see me! Perhaps an overnight to a seaside town as well. Blog will likely spare as well. Blessings to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home