Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

ON THE ROAD AGAIN. Had a great trip to Bozeman, Helena, Missoula, and back home again through Bozeman. Taught an Ethics class for my professional society (CPCU) at the Young Agent's conference in Helena, staying with Colleen, a former colleague and crazy Irish lass. Then on to Missoula, staying with Mary Ann, another friend from my former workplace. Was nice to spend time with them and visit a bit.

I met with AmeriCorps and homeWORD staff for orientation and training for my new position. I am a member (their word for volunteer who is paid a "living allowance" stipend, similar to Peace Corps) of AmeriCorps and am placed with homeWORD, a non-profit in Missoula who provides financial education and homebuying programs as well as owns/manages rental properties. I will be working part-time for a program called "Montanans Making $ense" and officing in downtown Billings. I likely will conduct a two-hour class one night a week, with occasionally Saturday classes as well. The first challenge will be finding and getting people who need this education to attend the classes!

Had an opportunity to meet another former Peace Corps Volunteer in Bozeman. Had a couple of nice visits; there's something about that type of experience that usually just creates a bond. Fun. I do miss some of my PCV pals.

Weather turned very nasty after my last post...drove on ice last Monday as I began my trip, but we're having a lovely weekend now; perhaps spring is just around the corner.

Am getting moved and settled into my new apartment and ready (physically, but not necessarily mentally) to get into a routine once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home