Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, October 19, 2009

DC with PC friends. Here's a couple, Leslie and Kareem, that are special friends from my Peace Corps service. They're living and working in D. C., and we had a chance to spend an afernoon together at the Washington National Zoo, followed by a great lunch at the O. P, a nearby and well-known restaurant. It was so good to connect with them, as well as friends Rob and Jules right after arriving.
Had a great trip to D.C. for a work conference (Council on Economic Education) followed by a couple days of touring. My sister June and friend Pat accompanied me. We spent a day driving (a rental car) out to Monticello, and arrived back just in time to see a hilarious comedy group called the "Capitol Steps" who perform in the Reagan Building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home