Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, January 20, 2014

FIRST DAY OF WORK IN JOBURG

Office building where Operation Hope is located
I've just finished my first day of work with
Operation HOPE in their office in Johannesburg.
Here is a photo of the office, with my associate
Tshidi (pronounced seedee).  The Peace Corps driver picked me up from the guest house in Pretoria and brought me to the hotel I am staying in for a few days until I can get into an apartment.   The hotel is very modern and western...quite upscale from where I've been the first week, with all the usual amenities of hairdryer, coffee maker, gym, pool (outdoor and solar heated).  Nice!      


Coffee cup, cactus, card to welcome me
 I was warmly welcomed by Tshidi and the country director, Delores.  They presented me with this gift.
We have a team meeting every Monday with the program person in Capetown, and I will likely spend at least a week there a bit later to learn of their culture and situations which are quite different from this area.  Lots to learn, and I look forward to it!


Pretoria "backpackers" guesthouse
Joburg hotel room











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home