Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

OLDIES BUT GOODIES

Three oldies but goodies

Here I am with Vivian (80) who will be leaving service in a couple of months, and Jonelle (69) not until later this year.  Fine women, and very helpful.  Jonelle was in Senegal in the 60's then came back 5 years ago again as a volunteer and has extended three times for a year each time, so she will be going home for good.

Several volunteers are at the guesthouse and/or the Peace Corps office for various reasons, so it's been great to chat and learn about their life/challenges/etc.  Lots of young volunteers, of course, who continue texting as always with their Blackberries.  I'm sticking with a dumb phone since I will likely have regular access to the internet and will Skype to talk to family.  Impressed with the Medical Staff here. Finishing up tomorrow with orientation.  My internal clock has been extremely slow to adjust so am looking to a weekend of sleep and walking (not at the same time, I hope!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home