Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

PALM SUNDAY

This is my new church home.  It is a twenty minute walk from my cottage (all uphill) and is also on the way to the mall where I buy groceries, etc., and today, watched "12 Years a Slave."  I also go to Saturday morning meetings here fairly often, and was invited to join a few women yesterday for coffee afterwards.  One of the women helps with Habitat in Pretoria, so hopefully I can spend a Saturday from time to time on a build!


As is customary in so many churches, the children processed in at the start of worship, waving palms.



 Here also is the minister Rev. Vusi (his first name), the organist, and the pianist Vivenne who lives near me and gave me a ride to an evening event at the church.


While walking there this morning,I was listening to the end of the Ken Follett book, "Winter of the World".  There was a comment made about a father who died shielding the truth from the Nazis, that was quite appropriate for this season.  "We all have to die sometime, and he died trying to make a better life for others."  I guess maybe that's a bit of the reason why I am here, I want to die knowing that I did what I could to make life better for others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home