Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Here is the "mdrasa", which means
school, where we study culture and
language during our community
based training. Inside is Leslie
and Barbara, and Josh taking a
nap between them. This period
of time was during Ramadan, and
the young men fasted along with
their host families, so were quite drained during the day.

I will be getting a cell phone in November so I can be contacting other volunteers and for safety reasons. Not mandatory but a good idea, I'm told. Also, if someone has Skype on their computer in the U. S., they can call my cell phone for about $.30 a minute, so perhaps that will be a way to talk to my daughters. Many Cybers have Skype here and then it is free...just the cost of the Internet...which is generally only about $.50 for half-hour...for me, and then free for the person in the U. S. I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home