Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Here is a typical scene at a bus stop. Men/boys line up with their wheeled carts to carry your luggage for you to where you need to go, usually for just a few dirhams. There are several kinds of buses. One is CTM, on which you can make reservations (with assigned seats) in advance, and they give you a receipt for your luggage. Another is Supratours, which is owned and located by train stations, and is similar. Both of these make very few stops enroute to your main destination. Then there are the "souq" busses, and it's first come, first served, with MANY stops
along the way, and no guarantee of a seat, nor that your
luggage underneath is secure. Prices for rides vary
accordingly. .


Another picture of a fine rock wall, of which I
viewed many during my trip to Essaouira.
Next is a beach scene in Ess. The beach is covered with many boys/men playing soccer. The few people in the water were generally of the same sex, with a few tourists being the exception. Soccer is everywhere and anywhere there is a raggedy old ball and a vacant area. Always and only played by males, of course.


The last is taken from the pier looking towards the medina, or center of town.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dado said...

Hey, I hope you had a very nice birthday - I did not realize how young you really are - Noah is on a mission trip to Bolivia, Everyone else is doing fine.

XOXOXOXOXO

Dado

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home