Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

S.O.P. to some likely means Standard Operating Procedure...or to others, Same Old Problems (aka S.O.S) and often times they might be synonymous! This past week:
  • lost my ability to blog from my home computer
  • no electricity at the neddy so can't teach/use computer and girls can't sew on machines to make product for boutique so desperately needed
  • water at my house off for hours every day
  • another HUGE rain like the one recently blogged; lots of cloudy days
  • down to 52 degrees in my house one morning
  • did a Windows Update yesterday and lost the connection to my ISP so have no internet

BUT, am healthy and now in Kech, dressed much too warmly for the bright sunny day we're having at last! Can always take off layers, of course. Am meeting friends for lunch and getting some photos printed for various people in my community. A few more tourists (all French) stopped by,(hurray!) and we learned/validated some things I already thought: we need to get the little road sign right by the turnoff lettered so tourists know exactly where we are, and need a little information piece about the Berber symbol. Supposedly the man is going to paint the sign this weekend, and I will have the accuracy of the French on the brochure checked next week by a French teacher and print some out so the women who are at the Boutique can hand them out.

Next weekend the new volunteer comes for her week-long site visit; I am so looking forward to that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home