Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

PROGRESS...Here are a couple of photos of the newly
opened train station in Marrakech. It's quite a contrast from the old one! It has the ticket line railings, numerous Western toilets in the bathroom, several shops...it's so modern it has a McDonalds AND on the upper level on the inside, a KFC. They are expensive, by Moroccan standards, anyway. The tree is an imported date palm that they put in for decor along boulevards and official buildings, and it is still wrapped at the top. The station in Rabat has been undergoing renovation for some time as well; perhaps it will be done and opened when we go in the last time the end of November.

I had a great trip; handed in my final report for the PCPP grant, a medical exam, several great meals with friends, good conversation with friends, an exit interview with the new Country Director, who had served in Morocco as a PCV himself. Also sold about 10 items from the boutique to PC staff and fellow PCVs. The shwia mica ("less plastic") bags are a hit; I'm going to buy a bundle and resell them at home for the neddy boutique.

Came home to discover a few more tourists have stopped by the boutique, a jewelry rack we asked the welder to make is done and awaits my fine hand at being painted a black gloss.

Next week will resume computer training and working on the brochure. Picked up color toner and paper on my trip as well for that project. Quite expensive here, but wrapped up spending project funds on those important items.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home