Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Friday, September 19, 2008

OHO, LOOK AT THE SNOW! ("oho" in Berber dialect means "no") Had a good rainfall last night; rather unusual for this time of year here, but very welcomed! Went to hang up a few things on the clothesline (on the roof) this morning, and look it there! Once again snow on "my" distant mountain. You'll recall that recently I posted photos showing the difference between my view in winter and the summer dust storms. Now it's clear and clean and pretty once more, which also means I actually dug out my fleece vest and wore it last night in my house. But, just one layer for now.

Light rain again today, more computer training at
the neddy; the young women are a delight! When they cross over hands on the keyboard I grab their hand, and we hold hands for a minute and laugh. One knows a bit of English, the other very little. The Microsoft programs are in French, which they know. I have learned much of the computer terminology, but I have never quite mastered the French "r." Somehow we still make it work.

Yesterday they were slouching at the keyboard, resting their wrists on the table (the ergonomics are awful, anyway) and thinking of their need to sit up straight, I mumbled (who, me mumble?!) in English, "knockers up", and one of the women giggled...she understood those words! lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home