Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

VIEWS/FILMS IN MOROCCO. The movie, "Babel" was filmed near Ouarzazate, and has quite a lot of footage of a douar, or settlement, which is very realistic. It is an excellent film, but has a rather negative portrayal of a Moroccan family. Another movie I recently watched was "Rendition," which includes scenes of the main square "Jemaa Fnaa" of Marrakech, and is a very interesting movie as well, with quite a different perspective of the country. Perspectives...That's what makes travel so wonderful. It sure changes how one views different cultures! Of course, that also depends on "where you are" mentally before one begins a new adventure. Enough philosophy for today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Connie, we where in Marrakesh for the whole month of June and it was already hot. We stayed there for the whole month since my wife has most of her family there. Which was too much for me and the kids. We did manage to go to Essaouira for 3 days to get away from the heat.The kids and I enjoyed that the most. We where there a week before the big festible. Even though we have been there several times, we send most of our time in Marrakesh. The price of real estate there has really gone up in price. I've noticed you been to many places. Which places have you enjoyed the most? Next time I'm going to ask my Moroccain neighbor friend and family to join us, so me and him can travel to other places if my wife wants to stay in Kesh.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home