Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

KIF AND RIF. Fertile soils make for great hash crops, and it is my understanding it is quite abundant and very available here in northern Morocco, and also the primary reason we don't place many volunteers in this region. They already have business development :) Kif is processed into small cubes of hashish, which is similar to marijuana, but more potent.

The Rif mountains are great; wish I had time and friends here to do some hiking. Here is part of the town of Chaouen, which means "peaks"; one can get lots of exercise just walking around town!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home