Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

RABAT. The afternoon before the Close of Service (for the group of 43 volunteers who will be done the end of November) conference began, a friend and I visited Chellah. These are ruins of an ancient Roman city and a Merenid necropolis. The Phoenicians were the first in this region before the Romans took control about 40AD, and now it is "controlled" by a large colony of storks.

This is a nice, quiet place full of beautiful flowering trees of many types, and has a great view of the river and other parts of Rabat.
The night before, our Volunteer Advisory Council group, of which I just concluded being the chair, went to the newly opened TGIFridays for dinner; we indulged in some real American food and atmosphere while we watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. It was great fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home