Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

RAINY DAY AT THE BEACH. Our trip to the beautiful city of San Sebastian was wet and rainy, so a bit disappointed not to be able to roll up my pant legs and dip my toe in the ocean, but I did take a nice walk along the boardwalk and discovered a neat old mansion that has been converted into a Basque University and place of music. The beach area was very deserted, but I could see that on a nice day it would likely be very crowded. As Morocco is Muslim, Spain is Catholic, as is evidenced by many cathedrals, and on a nearby hill top is this large statue of Christ.
Enjoyed a lunch of pinchos (tapas) that were very tasty and got a
feel of the place, which makes me want to return some day and
spend a few days there. ..maybe if/when I come back to walk
the Camino de Santiago.

The next day was a lazing around day as well, going up the funicular, then taking the metro to the port
town of Neguri, you can see many fishing boats that are anchored and done for the day. We had our best restaurant meal here, of fresh salad and sea bass. Yumm! It was a very local type of restaurant so extra fun to experience the life here. Here is a large home we passed on our walk from the metro to the port. Rather nice!
Other impressions...smokers!!! Europeans seem to be able 30 years behind on the stop smoking campaign we have enjoyed seeing transpire in the U.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home