Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

PARTITIONS BY PAUL. Hey son-in-law, look at these! Here's two of the partitions that you helped make happen with your design. The guy put holes in the iron vertical posts and hooker-in dealies (like my technical language?) on the shelves. Fairly crude, but they work. I am hopeful that by mid-July (after I return from my week's vacation in Spain) we will have the fabric draped on the backs, and shelves filled with product, and our little boutique open. We will wait to put up road signs until we have lots of stock on hand, but will put up a little sign right by the building to attract a few tourists.
The neddy training programs shut down for the summer (July and August) and since Ramadan is essentially the entire month of September, I am guessing there will be no activity until October. However, if there is product on the shelf, Sana, Rabia and I will be there to keep the boutique open. If we can just get our vision to become a reality so the women in the area understand the potential, then my successor can really help them develop a little business and truly enhance their economic situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home