Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, June 09, 2008

LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT. Went to the bosta (post office) this morning via transit, as there were lots of people headed that way and no taxis. No sheep today, but there were 12 men, one woman, and two children in with me. I indicated to the woman for the girl (about 9) to sit on my lap, which kind gesture seemed to surprise them a bit. Then this conversation took place with one of the men. He: sport? Me: eyeah, shufk? He: eyeah, mzien! Which translated means, Are you the woman who does walking for exercise? Yes, have you seen me? Yes! It is good!

Another little thing. I found cantelope yesterday in Kech so last night had cantelope with yogurt for supper. Mzien!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home