Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, June 05, 2008

PATIENCE...did I mention patience?! Oh, it does wear thin at times, trying to live within a totally different culture where there is seldom a sense of urgency, much less plans! Even the simplest of tasks are so difficult to accomplish. Like buying material, strapping for the handles, and matching thread. All at different stores, of course, and one not open during the regular work day afternoon, necessitating a return trip to Kech.

As many times as I have walked and enjoyed the greetings, I do yearn for a diversion while seeing the same scenery, but can't wear earphones to listen to music because I have to be able to hear traffic coming from behind me on this busy highway. I do miss good walking paths/streets and also the gym, where I can exercise and also listen to music or watch the news. Hmm, but maybe it's been alright to miss a lot of the news lately?! I will try to patiently wait for the return of those activities. But most of all, I am really missing family and friends. I must be getting "short-timers disease" now!

On a cheerier note, must report that my nearly 83 year old sister has just learned how to use the internet and sent me an email and can now read my blog on her own computer; how cool is that?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home