Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

WE LIKE TO EAT! The day after my friends arrived, we started walking to a breakfast spot, and decided to stop at a typical Moroccan cafe for breakfast where they offered l-msmn, a flat square bread made with lots of oil, and served with honey upon request. They also experienced nsns for the first time: half coffee, half milk served in a small glass; as well as the famed mint tea. At a later time we had another common menu item: salad nicoise shown here. A day later
we were in Essouaria, a seaside town, and ate at the local fish market restaurant. The catches were all fresh from that morning. One can get the same meal for 3-4 times the price out on the pier where most of the tourists eat. In the photo is Connie, Carolyn, Claudia, and Gary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home