Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

PARIS STREET SCENES. My last blog on my trip to Paris. The Monday after Easter was a national holiday in Paris, and I enjoyed a morning walk that was relatively quiet.

I'm sure you've read/seen about the new little "Smart Cars," so here is one, with a mini car in the right of the picture.
I walked to the Arc of Triumph, but chose not to pay the 9 Euro to go to the top. The Arc was commissioned by Napoleon in 1806 but not completed until 1836, as a monument to honor those who fought for France. There are 12 major avenues that converge at its roundabout- the "Place de l'Etoile" which is legendary for its traffic accidents - in fact no insurance company will insure vehicles that travel around it!

Then I walked down the Champs d'Elysee towards the Obelisk, which was a gift to France from Egypt. It took three years to transport it from the banks of the Nile and was erected in Paris in 1939.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home