Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008




EIFFEL TOWER named after the
architect Gustave Eiffel who completed it in 1889 for the International Exposition. . Here is the view as I approached on foot. As I got nearer, I could see people climbing up the stairs (photo on right). One is able to climb up to the second level for 4 Euros (about $6) or take the elevator. I elected to walk, as I did back in 1965 when I was on tour with a choral group. I planned to walk to the top, (985 feet) but that is not allowed, as they reserve those stairs for emergencies, so I just climbed 400 stairs.


Photo on left catches the small crowd at the bases of the four "legs.On the right is the Seine River. You can spot the steeple of the church in the upper left part of lower right quadrant.



Another shot of the city on the rainy
day. And last, on the right, a picture
of the renowned structure as I departed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home