Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MORE ON THIS AND THAT. Dislikes. How could I have forgotten trash?!? I occasionally overlook it and see just the beauty of the land, but it is a big problem here.

How things work, in relation to my work. The Moroccan government has various departments just like the U. S., only they are called Ministries, and there is Tourism, and Education, etc. etc. There are several ministries that the Peace Corps works with, and of course there is a hierarchy from the national level down to the regional. Government is government, politics are politics, bureaucracy is bureaucracy. So working with a different culture, a different government, plus our government does make interesting challenges and not always easy to get things accomplished, as you might expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home