Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

HURRAY! Thanks to the generosity of friends and family, the funding for my project here is complete! To whose who contributed, a HUGE thank you! I did receive a list of contributors, but only those who gave the okay to be shown, so I know there are those of you who I will not be able to send a personal thank you note; hope you will consider this as acknowledgement of our appreciation.

Here is the area that will have two of the movable partitions with shelves to hold their goods for sale. These will be locally made. They will create a corner in the neddy that will have its own entrance. The other two partitions will be to divide off a classroom area. It will take a bit of time to actually receive the funds, both from America and from local sources for their participation. Then as the actual construction takes place, I can about guarantee you that what would take a few weeks at home will take a few months here to accomplish. Shwia b shwia (little by little)it will get done, ensha'allah! (God willing)

Am blogging from home again this evening, but can't view the photo so hope it is in the right place! Weather has been extremely windy, then none, then cool and cloudy, but not much rain yet. Am hoping for lots, and soon, for the wheat crops here.

2 Comments:

Blogger caroleb said...

The picture is artfully placed.

Hope the funds will flow soon so you can get your orders out to the craftsmen. In God's time.

Carole Baumann

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home