Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

MARRAKECH MARATHON. January 27th was the date, and three people from the group I came here with participated, as well as numerous other PCVs. It was a fine morning for the event, and it was fun to cheer on the runners (especially scarved Moroccan women) at the 20k mark. The day before I enjoyed a great ham and cheese sandwich while reading the International Herald Tribune, then that evening I joined these folks for their carb loading (I had a wonderful salad) at an Italian restaurant.
The participants were, from the left; the first and fourth person, both women, did the 1/2 and the second person from the left ran the marathon.
That night I had a hot bath, and the next morning a hot shower. Wow. Sure felt good! Especially when I came home Sunday night to find that there was still no water in my house/town. So down to the landlord's for well water for the toilet, and to the store to buy drinking water. I sure hope they get their electrical problem at the well figured out pretty soon. These week-long water absences are a pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home