Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, December 30, 2007



CHRISTMAS DAY EATS. I was lucky to have four friends spend a few days with me at Christmastime. Three are in Small Business Development sector, and assisted with workshops we conducted at the neddy on the 25th and 26th. The other is a health volunteer who just came to be with us.


For Christmas breakfast we had oatmeal and fruit, then for lunch we had homemade wholewheat quesadillas and guacamole. We ate lunch on my roof, primarily to warm up, which is my usual habit during the winter months. For supper we had Vietnamese spring rolls. I'm observing is Margaret arranging the assembly line for making them. Note the extravagant Christmas decor on my bookcase behind! Next day we made vegetable stir fry. For sweets, I made an oatmeal chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting (found the recipe online and it's a keeper) another brought banana nut bread (which I make often and eat with light Laughing Cow cheese). Margaret stayed a bit longer and we enjoyed movies and popcorn.

It certainly took the edge off the loneliness from being absent from family in America. (By the way, that is what home is always referred to here...not U. S., but America.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home