Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY TURKEY DAY! I'm at my friend's house and able to finally blog again. Something needs to be adjusted by the ISP with my modem so I'm not blocked from blogger. Don't know what the deal is. It didn't work at first, then it did, and now it doesn't. Such is life here. So my friend Rebecca has friends visiting from Chicago; the guy is Italian is cooking up a pasta dish for our dinner. I'm contributing the vegetable, olive, and fruit salad. So it will be a good afternoon with friends and good food.

We had a HUGE rain last night and this morning. My roof drain could not accomodate the downpour, so I was awakened at 3 a.m. by the sound of water rushing down my inside stairs and into the drain in the corner near my front door.

Today certainly gives me cause to acknowledge that I am SO thankful for everything I have...especially for my friends and family. I am so blessed.

Later today I am going to my counterpart's home to present a Berber woman with the money she got from making beaded jewelry which is now for sale in a Billings store. Her story is so sad...she is very sick, and has a very negative home situation. This will be a very heartwarming experience, and wish my readers could be here to know the whole story and understand what it means for some of these people to get a few dollars to improve their life. I know that the cultural exchange part of the Peace Corps mission is important, but it's pretty awesome to see the economic results of my efforts. It was a long time in coming, and there is much yet to be done. I am once again inspired and motivated.

Thanks for your support, kind thoughts and loving prayers. You just can't imagine how much it means to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home