Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hello! FINALLY am able to blog now from my own computer in my own house! For some reason, after I got internet in my house, the ISP modem would not let me access this website and even threw out emails that referred to it. So hopefully now I am set and you can continue to keep up with my trials and tribulations here in M'grib.

Just finished a week-long vacation with my sister June and Wayne Hoffman. They got a good glimpse of my life, and we also did some touring together. I had a chance to see some sites that I had not yet seen, primarily the big mosque in CasaBlanca and the Roman ruins (3rd century) up by Meknes. We stayed in PCV types of hotels, and a swanky place(at least for me in this country...it cost me about about $30 for the night!)that even had bedside lamps and satellite tv! I will post some pictures soon.

A lot going on right now. Am trying to finish up the shipment of product to Global Village. It's terribly expensive by mail, and I understand that the Ministry here has a new special arrangement for associations like mine for shipping, so I need to learn about that pronto. Also need to finalize the estimates from two different craftsmen for the neddy boutique project so I can get it submitted for approval.

That, plus I am going to Ouarzazate again this week to do another session for the new volunteers, this time working with the PC doctors on their alcohol and drugs presentation.

More to come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home