Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

FRUSTRATION level is pretty high. I got a fixed wireless phone three weeks ago in order to have internet, and STILL no connection. And, the few times I have been to the cyber, I have had difficulty in getting my pictures uploaded to this blog. So when I finally get it all put together, you will have lots of reading and looking to do to catch up with me!

The neddy is still not open, and likely there won't be much going on until after Ramadan, which will be on or about October 13 (depending on the position of the moon). The week after I will be going to Ouarzazate to do a training for the new volunteer group, then will be spending a week with family visiting here from the States, (Hooray!) back down south to train again, so will finally be pretty busy!

Am in the process of working with a couple of women to get their product design improved to sell and ship to U. S. Nothing here is simple. How to get product shipped, how to receive money, how to disperse payment...all takes some figuring out! Am also getting close to getting my partnership proposal finished and to the Peace Corps for approval; hope to have it on the website by mid-November so you who wish to help financially can read about it and know where to send your contributions.

I sure have learned a lot about myself the past month or so. Can't recall when I have ever been so homesick. People relationships have taken on a new dynamic for me, and that change has been good. Someone said it's a sign of maturity when you can live alone in serenity. I think there's some truth to that, all right, but in my case, I think needing people is a new growth thing for me. Enough philosophizing!

Hopefully will get my mountain hike pictures posted soon. There is now much snow where I just hiked two weeks ago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home