Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

MID SERVICE MEDS. In Rabat, and am again blogging from a cyber. I still have been unable to resolve my problem with my internet, but ensha’allah it will be resolved soon. Actually, am having problems with blogger, as I just tried to insert picture now, and am unable to do so.

All the volunteers in my Small Business Development group are here for mid-service medical exams. We get a thorough going-over, and again in November prior to our departure (Dec. 1, 2008!) Am SO enjoying the lovely climate/weather here, as well as the daily hot shower I get in the hotel! Went last night to eat at the American Club (next to the American Embassy) and had a bacon cheeseburger. Yum! Simple things become such luxuries! It is fun to see everyone again, most of them the first time since the in-service training we had last June in the beach city of Agadir. Out of 30in our group, we have lost just 5, at this point.

Weather report. It is darn cold in my house these days, about 50 degrees…up a few during the day and down a few at night. We’ve had lots of rain, which means lots of snow in the mountains, and people are pretty happy about that. Lots are busy planting wheat, and others, harvesting olives.

Hope to be able to post some photos soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home