Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

I HAVE LEARNED that it takes about five months to grow out your fingernails. Astounding piece of information for you, I'm sure. I had my hands and fingernails "hennaed" before I went home on vacation last summer, and the last bit of orange will be gone in a couple of weeks.

For some reason, I am able to blog today on my own computer at home! Hope this continues! It's a gorgeous day outside. My inside temp has warmed up to about 55-58 the past few days. I enjoyed some movies this weekend, just like home, with diet coke and buttered popcorn...and a hot water bottle to keep me warm. Well, sometimes you have to take what you can get. :)

A HUGE thanks to Global Village in Billings, Montana for their patience, assistance and support in showing products from the women in my area in their store. And my bigger project for creating study/store/storeroom space has already started getting contributions. Now the work really begins: getting quality product made to put on those shelves, teaching them record keeping and customer service, lining up work schedules. Many of these activities are new to most of them.

I'm getting company for lunch...one of the PCVs from my nearby town. During these winter months I usually cook up some vegetables in broth, puree it in the blender, then add milk every day when I heat it up a portion of it. It's a great way to have a tasty hot lunch. Today's potage is cream of cauliflower/potato soup. I'd love to have you join me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home