Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A NEW YEAR, AND WHAT a way to start it. Woke up in the middle of night to discover no electricity. There has been no (cold) running water since yesterday afternoon. (I've learned to store up water for times like this)

BUT! I got up and was able to have my coffee au lait, a wonderfully fresh orange, whole wheat pancakes with homemade maple syrup, and read church bulletins duly annotated by my dear friend, read Fairfield Times (and see my name in the 50 years ago column! :) and look at recent photos of family! And cry tears, not of sadness, but of great thankfulness for what I do have...loving, caring people in my life! I am continually reminded that I am learning and receiving so much more than I am teaching and giving from this Peace Corps experience. Marilyn refers to one of her favorite songs, "Let There Be Peace on Earth" which then states, "and let it begin with me." Rather appropriate for a PCV, yes?

Am starting to resume my language lessons again; my tutor is on my case about verb conjugations. It's good, because I need the prodding. I am going over to her house to participate in couscous preparation (along with sheep and squash) for our noon dinner before a lesson.

I know it will be a wonderful and meaningful new year; may yours be, as well! Peace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home