Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008


SHADOWS IN THE SAND. Is there a song by that name? If not, should be! The desert trip near Merzouga was a great experience. Weather cooperated; looked like we might end up in a bad sandstorm like they had the previous few days, but we were spared that as well as high temps. I'm the last one on the left; can you recognize me?!







Here's our camp at the bottom of the larget dune, and Deane taking a photo of others on their camel.

Stopped in Erfoud to visit another PCV and a fossil factory where they
make tons (literally!) of gorgeous product. Here is one of the
finished pieces. Lingered a bit too long, so missed getting to the top of the big dune in time to see sunset, and there was cloud cover the next morning so didn't see the sunrise. But it was still a once in a lifetime deal, riding a camel in the desert. Slept outside the tent under the stars. It was neat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home