Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FULL SPEED AHEAD. I wish! Pretty slow week, still trying to get things done on the "to do" list that have been there for months. A big part of the problem is that the president of the neddy (my counterpart) is gone a good deal of the time and there is a lot I can't do without her help. There needs to be more women on the board who are willing and authorized to participate. Several good board members have left town and not been replaced, but the president does like to be in charge, anyway. I learned via the treasurer that there is a festival type deal planned for July 30 and there is an expectation the boutique will be open. I had just told the manager I was hoping all things would be done by end of August so we could open. Of course, they don't know how much they don't know about running a business; I guess they'll find out if they try to start selling stuff without really understanding how things work. My main concern is that lots of women make product to sell and that they get paid fairly for what they make. So I am taking a long weekend to meet two friends in Essaouria where it is cooler, relax, and come back to my village and try to hit it hard for a couple of weeks before leaving again for meetings in Rabat and my last week of vacation. The "hard" heat of summer is hitting now...not pleasant...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home