Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Friday, July 04, 2008

MADRID on the 4th of July. Traveled to Madrid this fine day and went to the home of a woman who is President of the Women's World Bank in Spain. She is of Swedish origin but has lived in Spain for 20 years. She prepared a great meal for us...salmon, herring, potatoes, onion and cheese pie, tossed salad, elk...then homemade ice cream dessert for finishers! Supper was at 9:30, which is a bit early for many Spaniards. She does great work with the women of Spain, providing micro credit as well as trade houses for them to show their products at no cost. She also has a trade house in Marrakech, and that is how I met her. Her companion is quite knowledgeable about Spain and kept us quite entertained. He is from Cuba, but lived in the U. S. for many years, working for AT&T, and also has been in Spain many years. A delightful couple and superb hosts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home