Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

AND ON TUESDAY. Only the same three showed up at the neddy for the meeting. The two others I wanted there did not show. However, some progress was made; Sana’s brother had assembled the cupboard and rolling TV car, although not exactly correctly, they are functional, so we set about moving them into the office and arranging a few things. Malika kept trying to squeeze other large items in the office as well. Just the simplest task can be frustrating and it’s constant work on my part to not let it! No wonder I’m tired at the end of the day doing nothing.

I did finally, I think, convince her of the need the account for each person’s products on a separate page (on Excel) rather than several of her friends’ work all under her name. She just didn’t understand that it would be impossible for Sana to remember/track those sales at the end of the day to know, under one account, exactly what sold for who, and that it was better to make sure each person got paid what they deserved by having their own code number on each item.

Sana and I also went to a woman’s house who I had asked a few weeks ago to make a table runner. I thought she got the basic idea, and she did. It’s really not a table runner, but it is of natural wool and dyed wool, and has the traditional Berber design. It still needs a bit of improvement, but I feel confident that these will sell well at the boutique. I bought this one, and asked she make another “just to see” for the boutique. So that was a nice end to the day.

Tomorrow Sena and I will finish entering all the inventory information in Excel to make sure she can continue doing that, just in case product comes in while I am gone. Wishful thinking.

I’m unable to access blogger again from home and will be traveling for a couple of weeks, so when I return, be prepared to view lots of photos from my new adventures in northern Morocco!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home