Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, September 04, 2008

AJI HNAYA! Come here! We're open for business. For my newer blog readers, you can click on the photo to enlarge, and if you can't read the little red sign, please do that! It's directed to the #1 tourist in Morocco...the French. Sana and I did a "silent" opening this morning. We just put out the sign and stayed open from 9:30-3:30. No customers, but that was not too much of a surprise. A lot of tourists avoid coming here during Ramadan, and there has been no other publicity. During the next week we will get flyers out to a couple of nice cafes in each direction, plus a few other spots.

Here is a before photo on the left, and the after on the right, with some of the ceramics, weavings, and beaded jewelryon the shelves, as well as the mashi mica (less plastic) bags on the bottom shelf.

The before on the left, after on the right.
Here is Sana patiently awaiting some action. We have the two movable, shelved partitions making the corner space, plus the table to display items.

This is the view looking out the door
of the boutique towards the road to
Marrakech. This sign, as well as the
two large road signs yet to be installed, were the second highest cost items of the project. All the letters were hand painted. The adhesive ones are available, but longevity is much less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home