Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, September 01, 2008

MY GUYS. Okay, the secret's out! I do have men in my life; here are four of them. These are 4 of the 5 sons of my counterpart, Malika. They are all very nice to me and if I need help, they're there for me. Iyub is 17, Samir 26 (married with two sons) Sufean 21 (wishing for a wife), and Ismayid, 14. Samir has chauffered me on several trips and is now enjoying referrals for his dependable performance. It is such a wonderful difference seeing the country in a private auto, compared to public transportation.

The oldest son, not pictured, is married and lives in Ouarzazate. Iyub is the renegade; he wears his hair longer and styles it, does not like school, sasses his mother, doesn't like Ramadan or hrira, but is a charmer nonetheless. Sufean runs their garage, a very hard worker. The youngest loves soccer and is a happy kid. They're basically all good guys and I would trust each one of them with my life. Who would have thought I would ever say that about a Muslim man?! Yes, the Peace Corps experience has made changes in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home