Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I just received more photos from the trip my friends and I took last May. Here is a nice shot of us heading out into the desert in late afternoon. We were on the camels for about 1 1/2 hours. (I'm bringing up the rear) Plenty long enough. The next is at our campsite.

The blue scarves are traditional garb for that part of Morocco. They are cotton, and serve as a very necessary garment to protect head and neck against the ravaging sun and winds. We were fortunate not to experience either during our visit there. Three of us slept out under the stars; quite nice!

This is the interior of part of the multi-million ($) complex that creates fossil items for sale. The area around Erfoud is well-known worldwide for its fossil beds. I would love to have one of the tables for my house, but of course they weigh a ton, so not practical to ship. I settled for a small paperweight instead!

And one of the funnest things we saw, lots of trees with lots of goats. If goats can scale mountain peaks, why not argan trees?! It sure does catch the eye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home