Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WEATHER REPORT. It's warmed up here again, as I see it has in Montana, as well. It gets pretty hot during the day for anyone who has to be out in the sun, especially considering they aren't drinking or eating in that heat. It remains a very comfortable temperature in my house, and I am enjoying that. Good thing...I seem to be in the doldrums a lot, anxious to finish up and get home to family and friends.

BUT! Things are getting done now. All the sewing/knitting machines now work, all the doors have new door handles and locks that work, new and younger officers have been elected to serve the neddy. I look forward to working with the new young women and training them on some computer and other business skills. The next four weekends in a row I either have company or PC business at other locations, so that is all good.

My counterpart and I went to see the mayor yesterday, as there was some question as to the possibility of payment to have the large signs by the road. I gave him my song and dance in my pidgeon Darija and we walked out with a "mashi mushkil" (no problem) result. I hope to be able to post a photo of one of those signs within a week. My former tutor was here yesterday to check in at the high school, and discovered she may not be teaching her English classes until later in October. They have no headmaster, no comptroller, no workable schedule of classes, not enough teachers. Whew! Sounds like a few problems!

In the meantime, I still have lots of movies to watch and book to read. I am trying to take a Spanish class online and find that what little Moroccan Arabic I know is interfering with the learning process of another new language, but I'll struggle through and finish it, then look forward to a live class after I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home