Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

L'HAMDULLAH! The newly made roads signs were put up today. Not exactly perfectly, but the message is there and they are sturdy. Because the neddy is a non-profit, they can't really advertise like other businesses, which on one hand, is good. We didn't have to pay anyone anything to put the sign up on the road, and I think most tourists will get the idea. We'll soon find out, as there has been no activity off the road from our little sign just outside the door.

The three young women are going to Kech tomorrow to visit the Ministry representative to learn what he has to say about how to run the Association, as well visit the trade house of my friend Inger with the Women's World Bank in Spain. I'll stay here and tend the store, then we will get serious about bookkeeping and computer skills next week. The last day of Ramadan is October 1 or 2, depending upon the moon. After that, life will return to normal and classes will begin at the neddy as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home