Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Friday, October 10, 2008

SCENES. Azrou
trip, final. Along the way,
I couldn't help but think
of Ft. Peck as I looked at
this lake created by a dam.
The image here was taken
through the bus window,so
isn't very clear, but one
might see the resemblance.



Quite noticeable as well was the difference in the animals. The northern part of Morocco doesn't get as hot, gets more moisture, and there is more grass so the animals are much fatter, and herds also seem to be larger. Here is another scene from the bus window. There has been an unusual amount of rain this fall all over Morocco, so it is greener than usual for this time of year. There is so much beauty in this country. I do hope one day they (the government and then the people) will figure out garbage systems so the trash doesn't continue to not only mar the beauty, but damage the environment as it now does.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeannie said...

A few years ago when I went there for a visit, I too, noticed that there was garbage everywhere. I was really put off by it. It seemed like no one really seemed to care that it was so dirty. The beauty of the place was marred by the garbage.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home