Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

WORLD TRAVELER. Here's another worthwhile read; just finished the book, "Tales of a Female Nomad, Living at Large in the World" by Rita Golden Gelman. She comments that she always tries to "participate in the culture, not judge it" but sometimes finds that hard to do. I really can identify with that! Some things she participates in that are not "good" (like throwing trash to the wind like the natives) I can't agree with, but she certainly has had a taste of real life in the countries where she has lived. What a journey she has, and continues, to take! Must admit that it causes me to question some of my future plans a bit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home