Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Here's the photo from the Gazette article. I do find myself thinking more about Morocco now than I have the past year. Perhaps because there is another new volunteer at my site, and I hear from her and have hopes she will stay and continue to help the wonderful women I worked with. I am all the more convinced now how awful bigotry is and how it harms our world and attempts at peace. Generalizations about a nation, religion, culture, etc. are just destructive. I continue to do presentations about my Peace Corps experience from time to time; will do two in Miles City the end of January.

I have had a few minor setbacks the past six weeks; I fell and put a slight crack in my right wrist, and it has been very slow to heal. I also had a little surgery to remove an abdominal hernia. I have really missed my exercise regimen and look forward to resuming in a couple of weeks. My work has kept me fairly busy, and I'm enjoying singing in the church choir again, and seeing more of family and friends. Had a great trip to California the first part of December to attend a memorial service for a dear friend and spent a few days with daughter Heide and her Jasmine.

Hope your Christmas is Merry and 2010 a wonderful year for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home