Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, October 04, 2010

UPDATE

Have been so busy since last post! And Facebook has been my primary journaling effort, but better keep this one up, as well, I'm told by certain readers.

Had numerous trips in my great little RV, camping with grandkids and friends around the area. I'm looking forward to another trip "down south" this winter for a couple of weeks. Not sure when or where that will be at this point, but sometime in January or February, most likely, and not too far away.

Was honored to have the opportunity to participate in the birth of my sixth grandchild last month, another grandson, Kellen by name! He is healthy and his big brothers do such a nice job of helping his mom. I am lucky to have at least one of my daughters and three grandkids here in Billings and continue to make trips to CA and IL to see the others as time/money permits.

Speaking of which, have been very busy with my Montana Council on Economic Education executive director's job. Acually, it's the admin part of the position that really keeps my hopping. I've also spent a lot of time this summer trying to develop my own business, Presentations Plus, and hope to break into the conference speaker world in 2011. My hope is that eventually I can just do my own training/presenting gigs to earn adequate extra income.

So I do all of that to support my travel addiction. Next up is a trip to Peru, leaving Oct. 6. Will be doing the Amazon Rainforest, hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, and then going to Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in world. Two weeks of much needed get away from computers/cell phones/activities! I'll post photos of that trip later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home