Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I am having some problems with the speed of the blog site today. also is taking forever to delete the repeated posts from the other day that I didnt think were taking. technology here is not always at its best, just like at home. Another challenge is the all the directions etc is in French so makes it a bit difficult to remember where to do what on the blog and other sites

Past two days met for a couple of hours with the weavers group. went to an older womans house which was 200 years old to watch her weave. Pretty amazing. Next day we met again and they showed us the process from carding to setting up the loom etc etc. We are getting lots of info re their lifestyle, needs, transportation, markets and it is a fascinating effort. Our language and culture facilitator translates for us.

Am working on learning numbers and money. My poor old brain is about fried. Hope to get out for a long walk on Sunday and then to the hammam which is a public bath house with steam room. Men and women separately, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home