Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Goodbye cold, hello bugs! Several weeks ago, I saw a piece of black yarn about three inches long on the mat in my bedroom. I was puzzled where it came from. Then it began to move. It was a caterpillar type of thing. About a week ago, it got quite warm in my house, 90 F during the day, and that evening I left my front room window open. As I was reading in bed, there were numerous small insects flying around the light bulb, which hangs from the ceiling. There appeared to be a miller/moth among them; suddenly a very large insect landed on the sheet next to me. I grabbed a page of my Newsweek magazine and squished it quickly. I got a screen put over that window the next day!

The other day when Hannah and her sister were here, I spotted a large black object on the floor in the hall. Hannah identified it a cockroach. It was huge! I understand they crawl out of toilets/drain holes, which I then plugged with empty bottles So have had one of each “thing”; perhaps I will be lucky and not have many more, as Friday morning I spotted a gecko on my stairs. It is welcome to visit anytime; hopefully it will help eliminate the other “pets” that have entered my domain.

Understand, we in Morocco are accused of being in the “posh” corps because of our “deluxe” accommodations, at least compared to a lot of countries. If so, I will be happy to live here if it is much worse “bug-wise” in other places. But, I do not like critters like that inhabiting my living space, anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger xoussef said...

now we know you're not Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind ^^

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home